Note that as communications are launched, your To-Dos will be linked to more info.
- Prior to attending Pre-Departure Orientation – Complete online Study Away Module
- By November 18 – Complete Study Away Confirmation Portal (becomes available November 7)
- November 5 – Students in New York must attend NYU Florence’s Pre-Departure Orientation.
- Orientation materials will be made available to students outside of NYC.
- Week of November 14 – Register for Courses
- From the Office of Global Services (OGS):
- Review introductory information on blog and communication from OGS. This includes our detailed visa instructions.
- Renew/obtain your passport! Your passport MUST be valid through at least November 2017 (6 months BEYOND the last day of your stay in Italy). Upload a copy of your passport to OGS. This must be a scan of both the bio and signature pages of the passport (no extra objects in photo, i.e. table, hand, etc.)
- Complete the Student Information Form (even if waiting on a renewed passport).
- Begin collecting documents for Group Processing (see emails from OGS)
- Attend OGS Walk-in Hours (Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 10am-4pm; Wednesday, Thursday 11am-5pm) to meet with an advisor
- Book an appointment with your local Italian Consulate to apply for your visa if you are not participating in Group Processing.
- International Students: Meet with an International Student Advisor at OGS to discuss maintaining your F-1 or J-1 status while studying abroad.
- November 4 – If participating in Group Processing, submit all documents to OGS.
- Week of November 14-18: Attend Preparing for Study Away Conversation Series
- Panel with Students of Color
- LGBTQ Workshop
- Religion & Spiritual Life Workshop
- Gender & Dating Abroad
- By November 25 (Applications reviewed on a rolling basis) – Apply to be a Wasserman Global Peer
- Anytime – If you want to meet one-on-one, email your Study Away Advisor (email@example.com) to make an appointment to meet in person or via Skype!
- November 11 – Visa Workshop
- November 5 – Pre-Departure Orientation (Required for students in NYC)