Note that as communications are launched, your To-Dos will be linked to more info.
- By October 15 – Confirm your place in the program
- November 5– Save the date – All students in NYC are expected and required to attend NYU Florence’s Pre-Departure Orientation on this date.
- ASAP – Visiting Students: Set up NYU Email
- ASAP – Review Flight & Arrival Information
- ASAP – For the Office of Global Services (OGS):
- Review introductory information on blog and communication from OGS. This includes our detailed visa instructions.
- Renew/obtain your passport! Your passport MUST be valid through at least November 2017 (6 months BEYOND the last day of your stay in Italy). Upload a copy of your passport to OGS. This must be a scan of both the bio and signature pages of the passport (no extra objects in photo, i.e. table, hand, etc.)
- Complete the Student Information Form (even if waiting on a renewed passport).
- Begin collecting documents for Group Processing (see emails from OGS)
- October 19th: Attend visa workshop.
- By October 26th: Earliest you can apply for visa.
- Attend OGS Walk-in Hours (Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 10am-4pm; Wednesday, Thursday 11am-5pm) to meet with an advisor
- Book an appointment with your local Italian Consulate to apply for your visa if you are not participating in Group Processing (appointment must be after October 26th)
- International Students: Meet with an International Student Advisor at OGS to discuss maintaining your F-1 or J-1 status while studying abroad.
- November 4 – Visa Group Processing Deadline
- October 26 – Earliest you can apply for visa
- October 14 – Albert Course Search goes live; begin planning your schedule (make sure to have some flexibility!)
- October 19 or 21– Attend Visa Workshop
- TBD – Apply to be a peer advisor
- ASAP – Apply for external study away scholarships
- ASAP – Register with the Moses Center if applicable
- ASAP – Join the NYU Florence Facebook group
- ASAP (Applications reviewed on a rolling basis) – Apply to be a Wasserman Global Peer
- Anytime – If you want to meet one-on-one, email your Study Away Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an appointment to meet in person or via Skype!